Marcon Metalfab (www.marconmetalfab.com) is hiring an experienced miscellaneous metals Estimator/Project Manager to join our dynamic team based in Delta’s Tilbury Park.
- Estimate steel projects and develop clear and detailed project scope for the customer.
- Maintain current customer relationships.
- Communicate with customers to set realistic deadlines for completion of work.
- Understand plans and specifications to identify the types and grades of material and processes required to ensure compliance with project requirements.
- Maintain a daily critical jobs schedule and keep shop management informed.
- Verify job costing as needed.
- Proven sales/estimating track record of $4 million annually.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in estimating for misc. steel fabrication (ministry of transportation focused)
- Highly proficient at performing math and weight calculations.
- Proficient at reading engineering, architectural and other construction drawings and specifications.
- Understanding of steel fabrication process, steel grades, fastener grades, connection requirements, coating types, fabrication procedures and installation requirements.
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, and written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer literacy and use of MS Office programs.
- Experience with best practices used in estimating costs, preparing schedules and preparing competitive tenders.
- Experience managing projects from award to completion.
- Self-motivated, positive and adaptable to a fast-paced and changing business environment.
- Capable of efficiently managing a large workload.
What We Offer:
- Competitive hourly wages based on experience.
- Mentorship and training for professional growth.
- An excellent family culture and a supportive team.
- An organization that has a trusted reputation and is stable within the manufacturing community.
While we appreciate all applications, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.