Marcon Metalfab is looking to add an AutoCAD Technician/Steel Detailer to join our growing and dynamic team, based out of Delta’s Tilbury Park.
- Produce detailed shop and erection drawings for miscellaneous structural, transportation, marine, mining and utilities, as well as architectural steel products required for the construction of residential and commercial projects.
- Ensure final drawings and documents meet the requirements of the project specifications, contract drawings, and clients’ needs, as well as the company’s standards and all fabrication limitations.
- Be required to have communication between other Detailers, Project Managers, Fabrication Staff, Installation Crew as well as various construction and engineering companies.
- Requirements - Experience:
- Marcon Metalfab is currently looking for:
- Intermediate Detailers (4 to 6 years’ experience).
- Experience preparing and checking detailed plans, shop drawings, bills of material, and other documents for the manufacture and erection of steel members and assemblies.
- Thorough understanding of steel fabrication including steel shapes and sizes, welding and metal forming.
Requirements - Skills:
- Thorough knowledge of AutoCAD, familiarity with 3D software an asset (SolidWorks, Advance Steel, Tekla, etc.).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team setting.
What We Offer:
- Excellent health and dental benefits and MSP coverage.
- Overtime opportunities.
- RRSP Contributions.
- Opportunities for training and advancement within the company.
- A family culture and supportive team environment.
- No layoffs in the history of the company.